Popular searches
Day Trips
Emergency Guide for Disaster Relief in California

Emergency Guide for Disaster Relief in California

Multiple wildfires are burning in California, threatening neighborhoods and forcing people to leave their homes.

Here'a a Guide that can come in handy if you or your loved ones are stuck in the wildfire.


For immediate evacuation center and emergency shelter information you can go to the California Office of Emergency Services website:


TRANSITIONAL SHELTER ASSISTANCE The Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) Program provides short-term lodging assistance for evacuees who are not able to return home for an extended or indeterminate period of time following a disaster. The FederalEmergency Management Agency (FEMA) may provide TSA to eligible disaster survivors who have a continuing need for shelter after the congregate shelters have closed because they are unable to return to their homes for an extended period of time. This initiative is intended to provide short-term lodging for eligible disaster survivors whose communities are either uninhabitable or inaccessible due to disaster-related damages. Under TSA, disaster survivors may be eligible to stay in hotel or motel lodging for a limited period of time and have the cost of the room and taxes covered by FEMA. However, FEMA does not cover the cost of incidental room charges or amenities, such as telephone, room service, food, etc.

For more information on the TSA program you can go to the FEMA website at: www. fema.gov/transitional-shelter-assista 


California’s State Supplemental Grant Program (SSGP), administered by California’s Department of Social Services, Disaster Services Bureau, may provide grant funds to assist people who have suffered damage in a disaster area declared by the President when the federal assistance to IHP is implemented. The SSGP is 100 percent State funded. The grant may assist with any eligible items not already addressed by the IHP. However, individuals must have applied to FEMA and maximized the IHP award to be eligible for SSGP. State grants cover disaster-relief needs in the same categories as the IHP. If you have reached the maximum IHP assistance, FEMA will automatically transmit your application to SSGP. There is no separate application process for SSGP. If you have questions about the State Supplemental Grant Program, you may contact SSGP at 1-800-759-6807, or for the deaf or hard of hearing, the TTY number is 1-800-952-8349


10 Saved
Paul· Oct 30, 19:37
Thanks for awareness
Raymond· Oct 30, 19:49
Be safe always and pray to God for those who died in this fire,amen
1 Like